Here are some very useful tips when making muffins:
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and Whisk wet ingredients in another
- DO NOT OVERMIX batter
- Preheat you oven at 400°F (200°C) and bake 5 minutes at that temperature because you want your muffins to rise high and have nice muffin tops
- Lower oven temperature at 350°F (180°C) that way muffins continue to bake but are not overdone by a high oven temperature.
- Choose muffins liners that are of your muffin sizes: if you liners are too big, you won’t have a beautiful muffin top, if too small, they will go overboard and you will end up with muffin batter everywhere. I recommend 50 g of batter for a cupcake size liner and 100 g for a bigger liner.
- If using fruits, I suggest to freeze them, just one day in advance if you want or at least few hours, for they don’t colour the batter and don’t change their texture. Fresh fruits have tendency to go everywhere in the batter and when batter is wetter, muffins are moister. And I don’t like moist muffins.
I hope you find these instructions useful, now let’s bake and bite!